737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.
Program Track: Student and New Periodontist (SNP) Series
This session will consist of two speakers highlighting biologically driven and evidence- based emerging concepts in peri-implant health and disease. The speakers are faculty and practitioners who have benefited from American Academy of Periodontology Foundation initiatives. This session highlights the work of AAP Foundation supported periodontists/residents and promotes a network of future leaders in academics and private practice. Each speaker will give a 20-minute presentation, followed by 5- minutes for discussion.
Dr. Andrea Ravida
Emerging Strategies for Treatment of Peri-Implantitis
• Examine evidence-based strategies for management of complex implant-related biological complications in the aesthetic zone and other areas of the mouth.
• Discuss the impact of the morphology and severity of peri-implant bone defects on the outcome of reconstructive treatment.
Dr. Martinna Bertolini
Emerging Titanium Surface Modifications: The War Against Polymicrobial Infections on Dental Implants
• Discuss the concept of titanium surface engineering methods to create new therapeutic and preventative strategies to control biofilm-related disease on titanium dental implants.
• Recognize the existing and future perspectives on surface modifications based on ‘microbial biofilm modulation’ or ‘on-demand antimicrobial delivery’ (‘smart surfaces’).
• Stimulate researchers and clinicians to rationally think about titanium engineering surface modifications, focusing on translation to real-world applications.