737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.
Bryant W. Cornelius
As more patients become familiar with and inquire about sedation in the dental office, it is important that providers understand the risks and benefits of providing this valuable service. Proper training, proper equipment, and proper patient selection are required to ensure a safe and predictable outcome. This course will review essential concepts that guide dentists who provide sedation.
• Understand the Swiss-Cheese Model of Accident Prevention.
• Learn the sedation continuum and be able to recognize what level of sedation a patient is in.
• Recognize and treat respiratory depression.
• Comprehend the basic principles of airway management.
• Identify patients that are good candidates for sedation.