737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.
Bryant W. Cornelius
As more patients become familiar with and inquire about sedation in the dental office, it is important that providers understand the risks and benefits of providing this valuable service. Proper training, proper equipment and proper patient selection are required to ensure a safe and predictable outcome. This course will review essential concepts that guide dentists who provide sedation.
• Identify the basic pharmacology of commonly used sedation drugs and how to reverse benzodiazepines and opioids.
• Learn which monitors are necessary to provide sedation safely.
• Appreciate how capnography works and how to read a capnography waveform.
• Understand how the electrocardiogram works and how to read an EKG.
• Recognize basic cardiac arrhythmias as presented on an electrocardiogram.