Moderator: Dr. Jeremiah Whetman
Speakers: Drs. Britany Matin and Luis Guzman
Cost: Complimentary to AAP Student members and new periodontists who have graduated within the past two years. This is a ticketed event, registration is required, space is limited, and lunch is included. Attendees will receive handouts, freebies and a chance to win raffle prizes!
Join your colleagues and friends for this exclusive opportunity to learn, grow professionally, ask questions, and network with your peers. This session aims to equip attendees with helpful advice as they embark on their periodontal careers. Speakers will be discussing the following topics:
- Transitioning from residency to practice
- Understanding different types of periodontal practices: private practice, group practice, DSO
- Balancing a family and a successful practice
- Buying a practice, hiring a partner/associate
- Joining as a partner/associate
- Running a periodontal practice: practice management, practice marketing, networking/referral building
- Complementing a periodontal practice: part-time education opportunities, lecturing, research, organized dentistry
Continuing Education (CE) credit is not designated for this session.
Session developed by the Membership Sustainability and Growth Committee.
Thank you to Straumann for sponsoring this event.