737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.
Program Track: Emerging Concepts and Innovative Therapies
Yvonne L. Kapila
Jennifer H. Doobrow
This session will examine how harnessing our knowledge about oral microbes, the oral microbiome, and the body’s own ability to resolve inflammation can be useful to address oral diseases and promote healing from within.
• Discover the role of probiotics in decreasing pathogenic oral biofilms, promoting healthy biofilms, preventing periodontal disease, and mitigating the host inflammatory response.
• Realize how probiotics can attenuate periodontal disease-associated systemic changes/pathology.
• Appreciate how probiotics decrease oral cancer and extend survival In Vivo.
• Find out how periodontal pathogens aggravate/contribute to oral carcinogenesis.
• Recognize that the anti-inflammatory action of erythromycin (ERM) is mediated through the upregulation of DEL-1.
• Learn how DEL-1 can promote alveolar bone regeneration during the resolution of experimental periodontitis, regulates osteoclastogenesis, and decrease inflammatory bone resorption.