737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.
Iain L. C. Chapple
Thomas E. Van Dyke
Inflammation Drives Atherosclerosis
Paul M. Ridker
Inflammation and Atherosclerosis: Clinical Observations
Death by Co-morbidity: Is There a Role for Periodontitis in Cardiovascular Outcomes
• Understand laboratory evidence that inflammation drives atherosclerosis.
• Share new information about traditional and emerging triggers for cardiovascular inflammation.
• Become acquainted with the inflammasome-interleukin-1 beta-Interleukin-6 pathway as a target of therapy for atherosclerosis.
• Examine the clinical implications of inflammation in atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease outcomes.
• Describe the role of periodontitis in cardiovascular disease pathogenesis and potentially the clinical outcomes in both diseases.
Sponsored by the American Academy of Periodontology Foundation